Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Trying to knit socks, too

I've finished the body for Cinxia and am now working on the cuff of the first sleeve. Luckily, the sleeves are wide enough that I can use alternating circular needles on it -- ie, knit one round with one circular needle, then knit the next with the other, then the next with the first one again, etc.
I'm also working on my first sock -- using a generic sock pattern. I may decide to frog it because it's pretty roomy even though I started by casting on 56 stitches. I'm using 2 circular needles per round on the sock. The first half of the round is always done with the first circular needle and the second half by the second one. (I did it this way because when I was ready to begin knitting the sock, I discovered that I didn't have any DPs in the right size, but I did have a couple of circulars in the right size -- size 3.) I'm using Magic Striped yarn.

No comments: