Search This Blog

Monday, February 20, 2006

Jaywalkers now finished


I've finally finished the Jaywalker socks for my DH. Surprisingly, for me, I didn't make many changes to the original pattern. Also, surprisingly, his foot is just 1/2" longer than mine. Though, his ankle and instep are an inch wider. He also has a wider heel -- which is no surprise since I have a very narrow heel. Because of his short feet, I was able to use just one ball of Magic Stripes yarn.
The original pattern is at: http://magknits.com/Sept05/patterns/jaywalker.htm . Details of how I made this sock was made are at my other knitting blog
.
I'm looking forward to making my next pair of socks. If it hadn't been for the sock-a-month KAL, I probably would have stopped after the first pair of socks. But now, I find that I enjoy making socks and am looking forward to making my next pair (toe-up socks).
I'm also enjoying making dishcloths -- thanks to the MonthlyDishcloths Yahoo group that I found out about on knittyboard.com.

3 comments:

Tina in Wonderland said...

Your Magic Stripe Jaywalkers look great!

I also just joined the Monthly Dishcloth Knit-along a week or so ago and really enjoy it! I think it's fun working on their pattern without having any idea how its supposed to turn out. Plus, its a fun way to learn new stitches!

Shelley L. MacKenzie said...

Your socks look great! Good job!

Carol said...

Nice Jaywalkers!!! Hey! I'm in the Monthly Dishcloth group AND the Sock-a-month too! AND my name is Carol and I'm trying to finish my toe-up Jaywalkers for February. Whoo-hoo! :)