Search This Blog

Monday, February 23, 2009

Destashing

For the last couple of weeks, I've been working at using up yarn.

The first bit of yarn that I used up was leftovers from a couple of my favorite socks -- due to Liz Lovick offering a Fair Isle tutorial in the EZasPi Yahoo! group. I made my first Fair Isle hat and only the second bit of Fair Isle knitting I'd ever done. I even added a couple of gate addresses (from Earth to Abydos and back) to the hat -- since the Ravelry StarGate group had been talking about charting glyphs. I'm going to redo the top of the hat some time since it's a little bit too pointed for my tastes. (I finished off the top before the part of the tutorial on hats.)

The biggest stash buster is the Hippo Birdies (MMario design) shawl I just finished. I used up all my KP Palette fawn yarn I had plus a skein of KP Palette nutmeg left over from Casablanca plus half a skein of KP Palette apricot yarn left over from Mystic Light. Then I finished the shawl off with some Zwerger Garn Opal Prisma sock yarn that I bought a couple of years ago and never used. The Opal yarn along the edge made the shawl by tying the colors together.

The next bit of yarn I used up is some cotton yarn left over from dishcloths -- to produce a Domino potholder. It's 2-sided and crocheted together.



Finally, DS2 found a Möbius pattern on line. So, I turned it into a cowl using some more leftover cotton yarn.

I've also been doing some test knitting. I'm using up some KP Shine Worsted snapdragon that I hadn't found the right pattern for until now by making a B'licious Tank for summer wear. I've also been test knitting socks -- and getting a lot of practice with short rows.

No comments: