Search This Blog

Friday, April 03, 2009

Weihnacht

The shawl that I started Christmas Eve (a design from Moni) is now finished. It was hibernating while I knit socks.

I worked it to Clue 9 and Edging 9 with size 4 needles and KP Shadow sunset heather. It took fewer than 3 skeins. It's a triangular shawl -- about 36" long.

Now I can work on the KAL from Rachel's knitting room -- which I think I'll turn into a kitchen towel. Though, it would make a lovely runner .... and placemats to match would look great (as a friend told me).

I've also restarted Nautical Knitter's Secret of the Stole 3 (Estes Park). A few months ago I decided that I wouldn't care for a curtain made from KP Shadow (or any other wool yarn). I'd much prefer mercerized cotton. Plus the brown color I was using wouldn't look good in the kitchen. But, I like the pattern and so I'm restarting it with the first few rows changed to make a smoother edge.

No comments: