Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 02, 2011

snow

I haven't done any blogging for quite a while, but today seemed like a good day to start again -- with some snow pics.

According to the weatherman, this was the third largest snowfall in 129 years of Chicago record-keeping. The first pic is my DH digging his way down the driveway to the road, in order to have enough room to use the snow-blower. The powdery snow goes past his knees.

The second pic is our back porch. It had a little snow on it from before. But, now the snow lies next to the patio door -- about 20" deep for the entire patio. Before this snow, the total for the season for Chicago was around 30".

I've started getting ideas for knitting projects -- and am about to have too much knitting to do (or that I'd like to do).

I've joined Nerd Wars on Ravelry. I've finished my first project -- a Red Rectangle Nebula dishcloth -- and am thinking about what to work on next. I've also got some ideas on socks and sweaters..... And, I'm thinking seriously about a big project, Moni's Windsbraut Pirat shawl.

No comments: