Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 29, 2007

MS3 Clue 7

Yesterday was an unusual day. I finished 4 projects. Now, I have nothing on the needles besides a curtain that will take months to finish and hasn't been worked on for some time. I finished MS3, the "Out-of-Orbit" socks from the sockamaniac sockalong group, and my Festive sweater. Then since I didn't have anything to knit while watching tv, I cast on and knitted a Trek dishcloth. I "needed" to finish the socks before the end of August for SAM4. MS3 and Festive just needed binding off.

The picture at the left is of the final few clues for the MS3. I decided to block it loosely -- without wire or pins. I'd bought 2 skeins of KP lace-weight bare and wound them into balls. As you can see, there is still some left from the ball I used for the stole. The other ball was just used to make a swatch, the swatch in the picture. I basically did the scarf as written. I put an extra bead in on the last row and used a yo bind-off instead of the suggested one. But, that's it for changes.

By the way, I decided against joining a shawl/stole KAL so soon after completing this one. However, I did join a Yahoo stole KAL that starts in October, Secret of the Stole. And I also joined Melanie's Pink Lemon Knits Yahoo group, which is just a message group to announce things such as MS4, which is scheduled to begin after the Olympics next summer.

The dishcloth is a Trek dishcloth linked to on the SciFi knitting blog. I chose blue for science. (I'm a TOS fan.) After having to use something like post-it paper to mark rows in MS3, I used post-it paper to help keep track of rows for this much simpler pattern. It worked wonderfully.

I posted a picture of the socks on SAM4. And I'll post a picture of Festive in my next post here.

No comments: