Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Mystery Shawl 3 -- Clue 6

I've just finished Clue 6 for the Mystery Shawl. Here is a picture of the wing portion of the shawl. I've since started on the seventh and last of the clues. I was happy to learn that one can use crochet thread to help block a shawl. I didn't really want to buy blocking wire.

A new shawl KAL is starting on Yahoo in September, the "Secret-of-Chrysopolis shawl". A general lace knitting KAL is also starting/continuing on Yahoo, "Knitting Delight". Both were advertised in Mystery Shawl posts. And both are mainly in German. Joining these KALs would give me the opportunity to practice the German I learned in high school and college. But, I'm not sure I'm ready for another lace project just now. I may just wait until next summer for MS4.

I was happy to read about the existence of a pattern for a Trekkie wash/dish cloth on the Sci-Fi blog. When I finally finish MS3, I plan to knit it. MS3 has taken up so much of my time that I don't even plan to work on the mid-August dishcloth KAL, also from Yahoo groups.

I'm making steady progress on my new sweater. I'm ready to start the ribbing. But, the next time I make the sweater, I'm going to change most of the purl sts to knit sts. It looks more striking with the purl sts. But knit sts are easier to make, and besides I now tend to the understated -- although I still do come out with outfits that are overstated -- such as the way this one will turn out. (It's been rainy here the last few days. And so even bright colors like those for this sweater look dull.)

The final project I'm working on is "Orbit socks" from the Sockamaniac Sockalong. I'll post a picture when I get a little further along. I've also got great plans for the July mystery pattern from the same group. Plus a nice sock pattern was posted there today. -- So many things I'd like to make, so little time.

No comments: