Search This Blog

Saturday, March 15, 2008

Finally finished socks

I've finally finished the pair of socks that I've been working on for a long time. These are Errant Lace socks in KP Essential Shoreline Twist. (I got the pattern when it was still free online in a cybersocks tutorial.) Another picture of the socks, which shows the banded heel, is at the Sock-It-To-'Em blogspot KAL. This picture shows the toe pattern (which I'd never made before but which seems to go quite well with the lace pattern for the rest of the sock).

It wasn't until I finally quit working on (and frogged) the Spring Surprise shawl that I was able to finish the socks. I came to a point that I just didn't want to knit another circle on the shawl.

I'm also almost finished with the sweater that I'd been working on since December as well. I don't know whether it was the yarn or the pattern for the shawl. I'd used the same yarn (KP Shadow Vineyard Heather) to start the Secret of the Stole (I) last year. I ended up frogging that and reusing it for the Spring Shawl Surprise. So, of course, what do I do but buy some more so I can use it to knit up dem-Fischer-sin-Fru. The more I see of the fisherman's wife shawl, the more I want to knit it. But, I'm going to finish the sweater first. Then, I'll start the shawl. And then I'll start the Bad Nauheim and Mystic Light shawls and maybe a Tubey variation.

By the way, a belated Happy Pi Day to those who celebrate the day, March 14th ( 3.14 ). And an early Happy Pi Approximation Day to those who celebrate the day, July 22nd ( 22/7 ).

No comments: