Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Prism Dishcloth

The Yahoo Monthly Dishcloth KAL has such wonderful patterns. This latest one is from mid-February. It took me a long time to choose the right colors. But, when I read a post that this pattern was great for getting rid of old yarn, I knew what colors to choose. The background is black. The other colors are: red, orange, yellow, sage green, hot blue, blue (?), and hot purple. I'm not sure of some of the colors since all I had left was enough for just a few rows.

I've also finished up to the end of Clue 8 for LUL's spring surprise shawl. It doesn't look like a garlic press any more to me, but it still looks like some kitchen utensil. Another guess is that it's a bracket and the circles are basketballs -- in honor of the upcoming NCAA basketball tournament. :)

Also, happy birthday to DS2. We took him out to a rib/BBQ place here the other night. The food was good. They even had a special treat in honor of his birthday. -- At least, that's the way it seemed to me. :) -- Just before we ordered, a live blues band started playing. They didn't pause for a break until just after we paid the bill. While none of us is a blues fan, I have to say that they were good.

No comments: