Search This Blog

Thursday, May 14, 2009

early May 2009

The other day when I went out to get the mail and also bring the trash bins back into the garage, I glanced at the front porch and wondered to myself "why is there a duck decoy on the front porch?" I stared at it a bit and then saw it move slightly and realized that it wasn't a fake duck but a real one. After getting the mail and trash bins inside, I took my camera and shot this picture of the duck, now on the walk in front of the porch.

I got some lovely flowers for Mother's Day. Here they are on our dining room table. In back are some forced bulbs that I'll be able to plant in the garden this fall (or maybe earlier). I also got seasons 1 and 2 of "The Office" on dvd and an ice cream cake.

Finally, for now, here's a pic of the May 2009 "dishcloth" from the Yahoo! Monthly Dishcloth Group. The local knitting group is making squares for a blanket or two to donate to Habitat for Humanity. So, this "dishcloth" is made from acrylic. And since it's going to be in a blanket, I didn't make as large a margin as usual. In fact, I started out with a knitted cast on and just knit 2 rows before starting the pattern. The side margins are slip 1, k1 to start and k2 to end. It's supposed to be 9" x 7", but it ended up only 8 1/2" wide.

No comments: