Search This Blog

Friday, February 08, 2008

Spring Shawl Surprise - Clues 3 & 4

I almost frogged the shawl. I'd been thinking that it might look better if the yo paths continued to the edge -- which would involve changing the first few pattern lines. But, luckily, I slept on it and decided not to frog.

My general rule on frogging is that I'll frog if there are 3 things that are "wrong" or if there is no way I'd wear it as it is. This shawl almost got frogged due to the "3" rule. One of the bird's eyes (or, as I like to call them, wind flowers) is a mutant. It's a double eye. Plus, one of the circles suffers from my doing m2's instead of m1's at the side, resulting in the k5tog in the row after the row after being surrounded by k3tog's instead of k2tog's/ssk's.

I wish I had time to make all the shawls that are on Yahoo right now. The lady who designed Chrysopolis has a Faroe Island lace shawl KAL going. It's beautiful. Plus, the Secret of the Stole II KAL is also going. It's even nicer than the previous one. I'll have to make these 2 shawls after this one is finished.

No comments: