Search This Blog

Saturday, February 23, 2008

Garlic and Chocolates

My Spring Surprise Shawl is coming along. Unfortunately, the last time I was in the grocery store, I spied a garlic press that looked just like the image on the scarf. Though, I didn't walk over to make sure it was a garlic press. It might have been some other kind of kitchen gadget -- since I really don't know what one looks like since I've never owned or used a garlic press in my life. So, now, when I look at the scarf, I see cloves of garlic -- which is all right with me. I'll think of the shawl as protection from vampires. ;)

And speaking of shawl KALs..... The Secret of Bad Nauheim KAL is closing to new members in just under a week. The Mystic Light KAL is scheduled to begin around the end of March. It's by the same person who did the Mystic Waters KAL and is done with fingering weight yarn. The Slow Bee Mystery KAL will be starting this summer but is now taking members and votes as to the shape of the shawl.

In other knitting, I've finished the February dishcloth from the Monthly Dishcloth group. It's a chocolate candy box for Valentine's Day and hence the second part of the title to this post -- chocolate.

I haven't been working on my navy-v sweater much recently -- even though there isn't much left to do. I obviously didn't get it done by the end of the past year. But, it's a summer top in CotLin and so I don't have much incentive to finish it up yet. My biggest incentive is that I want to finish it before beginning another Tubey clone -- which I do want to do once I find where the yarn I'd chosen for it is packed.

I've gone one Errant Lace sock done and have started work on the other one. And, I like Andi's idea about using scrap yarn for the mid-February Dishcloth KAL. I think I'll do the contrast stripes as a prism.

Finally, yesterday was Washington's birthday. I baked a cherry pie in honor of the day. It was good to have home-made pie again. -- Even though the cherries came from a can, the crust was made from scratch.

No comments: