Search This Blog

Thursday, August 06, 2009

Chrissy's sock book

Chrissy Gardiner's sock book is now up for sale on Amazon.com. Here is the official website. I test knitted several patterns in the book. So, I thought I'd show off the socks.
--There are easier to make socks contained in Chrissy's book, but I like challenges.

Here is Sakura, with size 1 needles and knitted with Knit Picks Essential terrain twist.



Next comes Great Plains socks in Spunky Eclectic Super Nova with size 2 needles.



Then here is Fjordland with KP Essential yarn -- grass, pine, and buckskin. This was the first colorwork sock I'd ever done.



Finally, here is Diamond Lucy in mercerized cotton crochet thread (size 10) and size 1 needles. (The sock is designed for regular sock yarn. But, I wanted to see how cotton would work in a sock. It's supposed to work nicely and to get softer with each wash. I still don't know for sure since my DD liked it so much that she took it and its mate with her.)

No comments: