Search This Blog

Monday, May 14, 2007

Mother's Day

Yesterday was Mother's Day. All three children called to wish me a happy day. It was really nice hearing from them. My oldest and my DH both sent/got me flowers.

My DH and I also went to a soccer game at Giant's Stadium. Evidently, there were over 7,00 people there, but it doesn't look like it. We got to see, Angel, a player that we'd watched quite a few times on British tv. This was his first game playing for a MLS team. Angel and Mathis are in white near the top of the box.

I've finished my Baudelaire socks. I'll post a picture of them on the SAM3 KAL page later. I've finished half the body for my next sweater in Patons Merino. The yarn is really soft. It behaves like I thought 100% wool would in its springiness, but it doesn't behave like I thought it would shrinkwise. Since I'm surprised its lack of shrinking, I've soaked it a couple or more times on the needles already, wrapped it in a towel, and then blocked it. It still hasn't shrunk. And I'm still getting 4 sts and 6 rows per inch.

No comments: